|This Windows- and Macintosh-compatible software offers comprehensive multimedia coverage of 347 species. That's all birds recorded more than 100 times since 1958: in other words any species you might realistically encounter in the UK and Ireland. New for this new edition is a complete overhaul of the video library with hours of fabulous new footage and stunning state-of-the-art compression to deliver unprecedented quality. Other enhancements include 70 revised commentaries, updates to the BirdFile and over 500 gorgeous still photographs.
- Over 1000 new video clips running for 5 hours.
- Video library re-edited and reprocessed to provide even better image quality, viewable at any size.
- Stunning still photos of most species as well as beautiful illustrations
- Based on the acclaimed software that powers BWPi - it's easy to compare any images or sounds
- Four new species: Glossy Ibis, Lesser White-fronted Goose, Lanceolated Warbler and Booted Warbler
- Songs and/or calls of almost every species.
- Illustrations of every species by top artists such as Alan Harris and John Gale.
- Updated BirdFile text includes the latest population details.
- Revised commentaries by Dave Gosney to reflect recent distribution changes.
- Add your own photos or recordings.
Here are some screen grabs showing the range of available content:
All of this is available on one DVD-ROM - compatible with both Windows (2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7) and Macintosh OS X (10.4 and 10.5).
To buy The DVD-ROM Guide to British Birds Version 9 online,
If you prefer not to order online, or you wish to enquire about an existing order,
please call our freephone sales number 0800 919391 (international sales:
+44 (0)1536 273532) or email .
Discounted upgrades from previous versions are available -
click here for details.
The DVD-ROM Guide to British Birds Version 9 runs on the following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Mac OS X 10.5.x
- Mac OS X 10.4.x
Back to top