A comprehensive photographic field guide to the dragonflies and damselflies of Britain and Ireland. This completely revised second edition covers in detail the identification of all 56 species that have been recorded, as well as seven potential vagrants. It aims to help the dragonfly-watcher – beginner or expert – to identify any species they encounter.
- Stunning colour plates of all species – showing males, females, immatures and colour forms.
- Innovative, beautifully detailed and easy-to-use identification charts summarising the key features of both adults and larvae.
- Detailed species profiles covering:
- adult identification
- distribution, with up-to-date maps
- flight periods
- eggs and larvae, behaviour, habitat requirements, status and conservation.
- Sections on biology, habitats, tips on how and where to watch dragonflies, and other useful information.
Softback with plastic sleeve, 208pp, 428 photos, 290 illustrations and 66 maps.
Now available from the Birdwatch Bookshop - order here
Email this product link to a friend
|Britain's Dragonflies BKBDBKBD
Sorry, currently out of stock