A comprehensive photographic field guide to the butterflies of Britain and Ireland. This completely revised second edition covers in detail the identification of all 59 butterfly species that currently breed, as well as the four former breeders, nine rare migrants and one species with unknown status. The innovative easy-to-use format aims to help the butterfly-watcher – beginner or expert – to identify any species they encounter.
- Stunning colour plates showing typical views of each butterfly with similar-looking species grouped together.
- Photographs of egg, caterpillar and chrysalis for all breeding species.
- Detailed species profiles covering:
- adult identification
- habitat requirements
- population and conservation
- egg, caterpillar and chrysalis
- distribution, with up-to-date maps.
- Sections on biology, habitats, tips on how and where to watch butterflies, and other useful information.
Softback with plastic sleeve, 224pp, 558 photos, 10 illustrations and 75 maps.Email this product link to a friend